Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Extended Wizard101 Maintenance
As part of our ongoing effort to improve Wizard101, we will be performing extended maintenance on the game several times over the next few weeks.
Starting Wednesday July 28th, Wizard101 will be offline for 1 hour; from 3am to 4am Central US Time.
Once the game is back online, Paying Players* will be able to log in immediately and Free to Play players will have intermittent access. Throughout the day, all players may experience delays logging their characters in to the worlds.
Thank you for your patience while we continue to improve Wizard101 for all our players.
*paying players include those who are currently subscribed, or have purchased $10 in Crowns or more in the last 30 days.
According to Friendly from Professor Greyrose:
"I asked Professor Greyrose what this was all about and she said, "Ongoing
server maintenance to improve the performance of the game over the long term
and to prepare ourselves for the ever-growing number of Wizards entering the
Spiral." I think I heard a silent "Duh" at the end of her sentence too, but
that may just be me. ;-)"
:P seems to be that way to me as well Friendly!
Good luck to all getting in!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
1) Always always ALWAYS find a snack your pet loves/likes, it will boost the exp (This is just overall help), and make getting that level up easier. I use crafted snacks to help me along.
2) Choose a path. I almost always start by heading to the bottom left corner, then up to the top left corner, then into the middle, back to the top left, into the top right, then into the top bottom, but this will change depending on ghost locations.
3) Avoid ghosts. They freeze you and take up time. I will always look ahead to see if the ghosts are coming at me, or if I will end up following one (withing range that I will catch up to it), and if I am, I change my path.
6) The red stars. The red stars will always be helpful. They increase your speed, and that means you can get more apples (or cake, or whatever) faster. You can still be frozen by a ghost though, so be careful. when you are under the power of a red star, rainbows shoot out from your pet.
Sunday, July 18, 2010
I'll tell you what seems to be somewhat impossible for me to get, Redwind's Viridian Blade. I've spent several hours in that secure house, begging her for it, then beating her to a pulp, and still no luck. I'll keep pressing!
Sorry I missed this everyone (?)! Celestia's Reveal #8 came out! They keep adding shadows. I think they just want to drag it out so we suffer more :D. I'm interested in that new one in the bottom right hand corner! It looks like a plant of some kind.
Saturday, July 17, 2010
I have also worked my way through Grizzleheim, which is a piece of cake for a Grand. I'm ready to start farming those ravens so that I can mix my wraith with a hydra! I want that Reaver!
Lastly, I've decided to take the poll down early. This next 9 day poll will be about which school is your OVERALL favorite.
Oh, and I will host some kind of contest sooner or later!!!
Wednesday, July 14, 2010
Here comes the hit!
So we tried again... much better. Ironically enough I had though a moment before about how this was slowing down my farming. But guess who got his boots off of that last hit??!?!?!??! Guess, I bet you can't.
I will miss my MS house... :( I didn't even buy it on purpose, I was trying to preview, and though that it would ask for a confirm lol
But look how Awesome!
It comes with a Lava pit!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
1) Jump. Jumping will allow you to get the dropping food much much much faster.
2) Go for those hour glasses. Not only do these make everything fall much slower, but they pause the timer for Seven seconds (this is not stackable, it only resets if you grab another), and it fuels your food bar a bit.
3) Your priority should be:
1) Pineapples or hourglasses
If you need you can grab the clock, but be sure to read the following tip.
4) Beware of the clocks. They may add time, but they take away from your food bar. These of course are very situational. If there are three pineapples falling, you are almost to four xp, and you have three seconds left, go for the clock, get that extra xp. That is pretty much the only situation I can think of where they would be of beneficial use.
5) Play in a 800x600 resolution and out of full screen. I've had people tell me that this helps, and it seems to a bit, but it is harder to grab what you want because everything is so close together.
There ya go. Those are my tips. :P Good luck!
Monday, July 12, 2010
Malistaire is running his mouth off...